- March 12, 2021
- Posted by: HR
- Australian citizen and able to hold a security clearance
- Canberra location with free parking
- Immediate start available
- Excellent remuneration package available for the right person
Sliced Tech is an Australian ICT company delivering enterprise managed services to government and commercial customers. Our growing business is seeking a Systems Engineer whose work ethic reflects the below values, to join our Canberra-based team in a new role.
** Applicants must be an Australian citizen and be able to hold an Australian Security Clearance to be considered for this role **
“Customer Respect, Customer Focussed”
The Systems Engineer position is a customer-facing role to perform Linux based operational support and project activities using cloud delivery.
“Passionate about the outcome”
You will develop, implement and support customer environments or solutions as part of a small, but dynamic team. We are seeking someone with a high degree of initiative that can develop innovative solutions to meet customer and internal requirements.
You will be building and managing a highly distributed network of servers and services. You will design smart solutions to difficult problems using the best fit and cutting-edge technologies. You will be responsible for automation, scale, monitoring, configuration management, security, networking and distributed computing.
“Smart, not just intelligent”
We recruit experienced and smart people, not just intelligent people. Work experience, knowledge and a proven track record in delivery is key in this role with the ability to not only understand a technology, service or requirement, but to be able to clearly articulate, document, design and deploy a solution that meets the design and requirements.
“Be the example”
We are seeking someone able to deliver the right technology and solutions with a high level of quality and attention to detail. We are looking for someone who can support and help develop the skill sets of all staff, including their own.
We are looking to hire an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team. This role plays an integral part of a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that we build and deliver mature solutions in support of our customer environments. You will be a talented individual who has particular strengths with Linux and other cloud/virtualisation technology support to augment our dynamic team to deal with day to day issues, as well as provide support and input to various pieces of project work including designs and implementations.
Excellent remuneration package for the right person, including allowances when rostered to be on-call.
The personal attributes we’re looking for:
- Passion for virtualisation, cloud and technology, as well as learning and staying on the cutting edge
- Ability to thrive in a mix of autonomous and team based work, including technical leadership
- Ensuring customer services are always up and running efficiently, including potentially guiding or directing other resources to achieve this outcome where necessary
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a focus on root cause analysis and remediation
- A keen interest in working closely with customers and ability to develop a deep understanding of our customers’ end user requirements
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Ability to lead a technical delivery project and to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Experience providing expert support, analysis and research into exceptionally complex business and technology problems
- The ability to think critically in a high-paced environment; a sense of urgency is essential
- Experience with deployment and operation of Nutanix/OpenStack, Cloud Stack/Cloud Platform and other Cloud platforms
- Significant understanding of and experience in designing/building/running environments incorporating combinations of (highly available or not):
- Experience with open-source application suites (e.g. WordPress, Drupal, CKAN, Nagios)
- Experience using modern orchestration/automation technologies (e.g. Puppet/Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience with analysis, evaluation and preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimisation, development, and/or maintenance efforts
Highly desirable skills:
- Knowledge and experience with clustered compute technology such as Hadoop (e.g. Apache, Cloudera, MapR)
- Experience and knowledge in management and infrastructure of SIEM tools.
To apply for the role of Systems Engineer please forward your resume to email@example.com
Applications will be processed in order of submission with an immediate start available for the right person.