- July 18, 2021
- Posted by: HR
Sliced Tech is a sovereign, Australian company delivering secure cloud enterprise management services to the Australian Government, including Defence, and commercial customers.
Sliced Tech is growing and expanding our teams with passionate and driven IT leaders. Our growing business is seeking a Windows Azure Systems Engineer whose work ethic reflects our values, to join our Canberra-based team.
This role plays an integral part of our multi-disciplinary Delivery Team to ensure that we design, build and deliver mature solutions to support our customer environments. We are looking for a talented individual with Azure experience. You will augment with our dynamic team to deal with day-to-day issues, as well as provide support and input to various projects including designs and implementations.
Applications will be processed as they are received. Interviews will commence immediately.
- Located in Canberra – free parking
- Excellent remuneration package available for the right person
- Only applicants who are an Australian citizen and able to hold an Australian Security Clearance will be contacted
Sliced Tech’s culture is based on the following values:
- Customer Respect, Customer Focused
- Passionate about the outcome
- Challenge Accepted
- Smart, not just intelligent
- Be the example
We are looking for someone with the following personal attributes:
- A passion for virtualisation, cloud and technology, as well as learning and staying on the cutting edge
- The ability to thrive in a mix of autonomous and team-based work, including technical leadership
- Able to ensure customer services are always up and running efficiently, including potentially to guide or direct other resources to achieve this outcome where necessary
- Demonstrate problem solving skills with a focus on root cause analysis and remediation
- Have a keen interest to work closely with customers and the ability to develop a deep understanding of our customer’s end user requirements
- Be an excellent communicator – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Be able to lead a technical delivery project and to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Have experience providing expert support, analysis and research into exceptionally complex business and technology problems
- Be able to think critically and laterally in a high paced environment; a sense of urgency is essential
The primary tasks for this position include the following:
- Work as part of a team to complete assignments and tasks providing maintenance, administration, testing, troubleshooting, and diagnostics support for customers’ environments, liaising with internal and external stakeholders appropriate.
- Provide internal or external customer and partner support via the Sliced Tech Service Desk Portal, email, and phone, as well as onsite from time to time as required. Rostered on-call duties will also be required.
- Perform proactive, scheduled, and ongoing maintenance, management, and monitoring tasks to verify and/or improve the integrity and availability of environments.
- Participate and assist in the design, development, implementation and/or support and maintenance of solutions and standards.
- Maintain a high standard of technical deliverables, meeting or exceeding agreed time frames, outcomes, and service level agreements.
- Write or assist with writing detailed design and build documentation, ensuring that it is reviewed for accuracy and compliance to standards and policies.
- Share knowledge and assist other team members to solve technical problems encountered on projects and in providing support.
- Capture and escalate unresolved project and support issues to the management team.
- Assist with the management of customer expectations and meeting customer or partner satisfaction from a technical perspective.
- Escalate support issues to management in a timely manner and be familiar with escalation processes
The minimum skill(s) and/or experience required to undertake this position are:
- Specialist knowledge in one or more Microsoft infrastructure platforms including but not limited to Windows Server (up to and including Server 2019)
- Active Directory
- Experience with analysis, evaluation, and preparation of recommendations for system improvements, optimisation, development, and/or maintenance efforts
- Manage Azure identities and governance
- Implement and manage storage
- Deploy and manage Azure compute resources
- Configure and manage virtual networking
- Monitor and back up Azure resources
Highly desirable skills include:
- Experience in SQL
- Experience in SharePoint
- Experience in Cloud/virtualisation technologies and platforms (e.g: XenServer, VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, OpenStack, CloudStack/CloudPlatform and other Cloud platforms)
- Experience with PowerShell and other orchestration, automation, or scripting languages/tools
- Experience with Commvault or Veeam backup environments
- Experience with load balancing technologies and appliances (e.g: Netscaler, F5)
- Experience with Change, Release, and Incident management
- Understanding of Storage concepts and applicability
- Exposure to or experience with Linux operating system environments
- Exposure to or experience with Fortinet firewall
To apply for our Systems Engineer role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org