- July 18, 2021
- Posted by: HR
Sliced Tech is a sovereign, Australian company delivering secure cloud enterprise management services to the Australian Government, including Defence and commercial customers.
Sliced Tech is growing and expanding our teams with passionate and driven IT leaders. Our growing business is seeking a Network Systems Engineer whose work ethic reflects our values, to join our Canberra-based team.
This role plays an integral part of our multi-disciplinary Delivery Team to ensure that we design, build and deliver mature solutions to support our customer environments. We are looking for a talented individual with Network experience. You will augment with our dynamic team to deal with day-to-day issues, as well as provide support and input to various projects including designs and implementations.
Applications will be processed as they are received. Interviews will commence immediately.
- Located in Canberra – free parking
- Excellent remuneration package available for the right person
- Only applicants who are an Australian citizen and able to hold an Australian Security Clearance will be contacted
Sliced Tech’s culture is based on the following values:
- Customer Respect, Customer Focussed
- Passionate about the outcome
- Challenge Accepted
- Smart, not just intelligent
- Be the example
We are looking for someone with the following personal attributes:
- A passion for virtualisation, cloud and technology, as well as learning and staying on the cutting edge
- The ability to thrive in a mix of autonomous and team-based work, including technical leadership
- Able to ensure customer services are always up and running efficiently, including potentially to guide or direct other resources to achieve this outcome where necessary
- Demonstrate problem solving skills with a focus on root cause analysis and remediation
- Have a keen interest to work closely with customers and the ability to develop a deep understanding of our customer’s end user requirements
- Be an excellent communicator – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Be able to lead a technical delivery project and to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Have experience providing expert support, analysis and research into exceptionally complex business and technology problems
- Be able to think critically and laterally in a high paced environment; a sense of urgency is essential
The main tasks of this position include the following:
- Provide internal or external customer and partner support via the Sliced Tech Service Desk Portal, email, and phone, as well as onsite from time to time as required. Rostered on-call duties will also be required.
- Work as part of a team to complete assignments and tasks providing maintenance, administration, testing, troubleshooting, and diagnostics support for customers’ environments, liaising with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide on-site support at Data Centres, including audit, project and other activities as required and/or directed.
- Assist and respond to urgent requests and escalations, seeking assistance pro-actively as required.
- Pro‑active escalation of tickets.
- Communicate with internal and/or external key stakeholders to ensure they remain informed.
- Participate and assist in the design, development, implementation and/or support and maintenance of solutions and standards.
- Maintain a high standard of technical deliverables, meeting or exceeding agreed timeframes, outcomes, and service level agreements.
- Write or assist with writing detailed design and build documentation, ensuring that it is reviewed for accuracy and compliance to standards and policies.
- Escalate support issues to management in a timely manner and be familiar with escalation processes.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of services, standards, processes, and procedures.
This position requires the following qualifications:
- Fortinet NSE4 or the ability to obtain it within the probation period.
The following qualifications/certifications are not necessary but may be advantageous:
- Fortinet NSE5 or above
- Other networking technologies
- IP Telephony
- Windows and Linux
The following skill(s) and/or experience is required to undertake this position:
- A minimum of three years experience in a customer focused IT support environment.
- Experience in outsourced/managed service support model.
- Experience supporting technology and solutions underpinning Federal Government compliance/security requirements and standards, or experience supporting technology and solutions underpinning State Government or commercial sector compliance/security requirements and standards.
The following skill(s) and/or experience is desirable to undertake this position:
- FortiNet suite of network and security appliances
- Common switching and routing platforms as well as campus and internet switching and routing protocols
- Basic understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Common monitoring systems and supporting infrastructure
- Understanding of Mail Relay and Proxy technologies.
To apply for our Systems Engineer role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org