- September 2, 2021
- Posted by: HR
Sliced Tech is an Australian ICT company delivering enterprise managed services to government and commercial customers. Our growing business is seeking an experienced Sales Solution Architect, whose work ethic reflects our values, to join our Canberra-based team.
The Sales Solution Architect position is aimed at contributing significantly to Sliced Tech’s strategic growth through development of new consulting and managed services customers and revenues. The role champions the complete portfolio of Sliced Tech services and solutions and leads technology discussions with our customers. It also undertakes consulting engagements at strategic levels for customers, aimed at achieving business outcomes from technology solutions.
Additionally, the Sales Solution Architect position provides support to internal teams including coordination of technical stakeholders within a project, product development and other marketing and delivery functions.
Applications will be processed as they are received. Interviews will commence immediately.
- Canberra based although welcome remote workers with the right skill set and commitment to apply
- Free parking
- Excellent remuneration package available for the right person
- Only applicants who are an Australian citizen and able to hold an Australian Security Clearance will be contacted
The main tasks of this position include the following:
As a member of the Customer Engagement Team (CET):
- Supporting Customer Relationship Managers, Sales Leads and other CET roles
- Working with Public and Private sector customers
- Providing strategic input on sales, service and architecture development
- Developing new business through trusted advisor to C level executives
- Closing deals effectively based on technical outcomes and deliverables that are commercially viable
- Being a leading voice in maturing Sliced Tech’s go-to-market strategies
- Developing collateral to support sales, marketing and delivery processes
- Developing large scale and/or complex bids and high level designs, including as technical lead
- Engaging with other CET stakeholders to creating strategic account plans for key customers & deals
- Develop multi-cloud strategies, particularly those that include Microsoft Azure and Office 365 delivered solutions.
As a Consultant:
- Provide high level business and deep technical consultancy services to customers with the CET
- Undertake paid and pro bono consultations
- Lead and mentor within customers and internal to Sliced Tech
- Develop tailored solutions using standardised/productised services
- Perform as a trusted advisor to C level stakeholders
- Articulate business outcomes for technical solutions
This list is not exhaustive. The role may change to meet both the overall and emerging priorities of the company.
The role requires the following competencies:
- Build and maintain excellent relationships.
- Identify opportunities and convert into fee-earning consulting and/or managed services engagements.
- Excellent communication skills aligned to senior (C level) public and private sector stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to lead and motivate virtual teams with a wide range of skills, experience and backgrounds to deliver outcomes.
- Build and maintain trust at C level.
- In-depth technical and business knowledge, with a strong focus towards the implementation of complex and non-standard solutions.
- Demonstrated experience creating business cases, strategic roadmaps, and designs and/or similar artefacts in support of IT enabled outcomes requiring complex solutions.
- Broad IT domain technical knowledge.
- Previous experience as a solution architect.
- 10+ years IT industry experience with comprehensive background in IT architecture – preferably multi-tenant focused with strong transformation/change experience.
- Relationship and disruptor selling skills.
- Work effectively on concurrent tasks.
- Ideally, experience in developing and growing consulting lines of business.
This position will demonstrate and maintain an attitude, work ethic and corporate behaviour that reflects Sliced Tech values, always:
- Customer respect; customer focussed.
- Challenge accepted.
- Smart, not just intelligent.
- Passionate about the outcome (go the extra mile).
- Be the example:
- Support others, work as a team.
- Do it right the first time.
- Family and community focussed.
This position is required to deliver all outcomes:
- to a particularly high standard and technical quality.
- within an agreed time‑frame.
- while adhering to Sliced Tech policies, procedures and processes.
Underpinning all primary and additional responsibilities for all Sliced Tech positions is the delivery of all outcomes at the quality required in the timeframe promised, at the agreed cost.
The occupier of this position must be:
- a committed team player.
- professional and tenacious.
- able to take an analytical approach to tasks and information
- a positive contributor to continuous improvement.
The successful applicant is expected to perform other job-related tasks requested by management
and as necessitated by the development of this role and the development of the business.
To apply for our Solution Architect role, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org